1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Techical Problems With My New System

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SgtMajor718, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SgtMajor718

SgtMajor718 Thread Starter

Hello everyone, this is my first post, I put together my new pc and already experiencing weird problems...first of here are the specs

- Asus M2N-E SLI NVIDIA Socket AM2 ATX Motherboard
    - AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 2.80GHz Socket AM2 OEM Processor
    - Ultra 1024MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz Memory
    - Ultra X-Finity 600-Watt SLI Ready Power Supply
    - Thermaltake / Ruby Orb / Socket 775/754/939/940/AM2 / Aluminum Core/Fins / CPU Cooler
    - Video / Graphics Cards > PCI Express Video Cards > 256 MB
    XFX GeForce 8500 GT / 256MB DDR2 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / DL DVI / VGA / HDTV/Video Card
    - Ultra eTorque Black Mid-Tower ATX Case with Front USB, FireWire and Clear Side

Now i connected everything with no problems, EATX PWR 24pin, ATX12V 4pin, all the usb front panel wires, IEE1349 connector is in the right place, i didn't put any jumpers on any of the fan connectors, connected the CPU fan, put in my video card, double checked all my jumpers, all set to default. and i put on a Qconnector that came with the mobo for the System Panel Connectors...i mean everything looks kosher and don't get it. When i try to power up nothing happens ( like i have no power) no beeps no green lights nuffin :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: no smoke no, burning smell i mean i don't get it what can be the problem, i tried to connect my old 300Watt power supply that i know works, still nothing, please let me know if any of you people know whats going on and maybe some of you had problems with this before. Thank you all in advance. :) :(

2. kryptonite1055

kryptonite1055

make sure the power button on the front of the computer is connect correctly to the motherboard. I got a ASUS motherboard, and after 30-45 min, I realized i was off by one pin. I was sure that was fine in the first place, but after checking the manual for the 3rd time, I saw i was wrong.

3. SgtMajor718

actually i suspect that but i believe i connected everything through the Qconnector, ( do u have the same thing?) should i try to connect the front panel power btn with out the Qconnector? because when i press it, it does feel dead but not sure looks connected:confused:

4. kryptonite1055

kryptonite1055

I didn't get a Qconnector w/ my motherboard... that would have been really nice though. yeah you can try. the Qconnector just makes it so you can see what you are connecting easily. I thought i was 100% correct but people make mistakes. Make sure to look at the manuals and compare what you have.

this is kinda silly, but i have done it... is the power switch on the power supply on?

5. SgtMajor718

yeah that was my first mistake, at first it was off then i turned in on and still nothing, i will make sure that power button is connected. dose anyone else know any other trick that i can try taking out the mobo and testing it out of the case?? Thanks Kryptonite(y)

6. kryptonite1055

kryptonite1055

if you take the mobo out, just make sure it is static free. I have not done that so i will leave that with someone else.

7. SgtMajor718

OK the problem was fixed everything is working at 100%! it was a simple static electricity problem! :) (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice