1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jackjill, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackjill

jackjill Thread Starter

1. When Small Business Server 2000 is deployed, it automatically sets workstations to use the server as an internet proxy because you would be expected to use the Proxy Server built into SBS 2000. However, in most installations a NAT router is used instead. Unfortunately, SBS2000 will still occasionally set the workstations to use the server as a proxy, preventing access to the internet.

Although this can be manually corrected on each workstation by removing the proxy settings in Internet Explorer, what is the best way to fix this issue permanently?

2. what are the two advantages of using the Google cache: (only 2)

3. How would you boot a computer running the Windows XP operating system that uses NTFS that refuses to boot from the hard drive ?

4. How many functional IP addresses are available on a /28 network ?

Please answer these questions as soon ... thankx in advance.

2. squidboy

squidboy

Sorry, I have to ask...is this a legitimate question or are you asking for help on your MCSE homework assignment? ;)

3. jackjill

jackjill Thread Starter

Hi dear,
    It's a legitimate questionare. Actually i'm looking for job as an Entry level System Admn. for interview preparation, a friend of mine gave me a questionare. Some of the questions are difficult to answer therefore i posted these.
    Hope you understand my prob.

Thankx.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!