Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical problem

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kiwiguy 
#1 ·
I recently bought a copy of JTIS (Jaguar Tecnhical Information System) on CD-ROM to help with keeping my car running well without having to run into the dealer all the time. This is a factory-sealed copy of the software, not a bootleg copy. Every time I try to run any part of this program, it crashes. I get a message such as

The instruction at <number string> referenced memory at <number string>. The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

No hints as to what is causing the problem. No hints as to how to fix it. The program as it sits is worthless. There is no troubleshooting section on the CD-ROM, and no documentation from the manufacturer. I went on the Windows XP website, and the only thing I can find is how to fix MSIE if it causes this.

Any ideas as to how I can make this thing work?

#2 ·
You might want to check the CD for system requirements and ensure your PC meets all of them. The error you referenced is usually due to poorly written software trying to access reserved memory locations assigned to the OS.

#3 ·
In addition to the above, that error can have a multitude of causes including corrupt drivers or programs that "accidentally" try to access the wrong memory location due to the corrupted instruction.

My added advice would be to try it on another PC, if the error persists its likely to be a corrupt file on the CD, if not then a device driver on your PC may need reloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.