1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Technical problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DesertCruiser, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertCruiser

DesertCruiser Thread Starter

I recently bought a copy of JTIS (Jaguar Tecnhical Information System) on CD-ROM to help with keeping my car running well without having to run into the dealer all the time. This is a factory-sealed copy of the software, not a bootleg copy. Every time I try to run any part of this program, it crashes. I get a message such as

The instruction at <number string> referenced memory at <number string>. The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

No hints as to what is causing the problem. No hints as to how to fix it. The program as it sits is worthless. There is no troubleshooting section on the CD-ROM, and no documentation from the manufacturer. I went on the Windows XP website, and the only thing I can find is how to fix MSIE if it causes this.

Any ideas as to how I can make this thing work?

2. Rockn

Rockn

You might want to check the CD for system requirements and ensure your PC meets all of them. The error you referenced is usually due to poorly written software trying to access reserved memory locations assigned to the OS.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

In addition to the above, that error can have a multitude of causes including corrupt drivers or programs that "accidentally" try to access the wrong memory location due to the corrupted instruction.

My added advice would be to try it on another PC, if the error persists its likely to be a corrupt file on the CD, if not then a device driver on your PC may need reloading.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/470825

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice