1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Technician left this at my apartment, want to know how important it is

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CT25, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT25

CT25 Thread Starter

Recently I had a technician come to my apartment to repair my laptop under my warranty. After he left I noticed that he left behind this lvds cable: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/MikeUnite/100_0622.jpg

The cable has a tag dated September, 2008 and I got the laptop in August 2007, so I know that the cable isn't simply one that was taken out and replaced. With that in mind, I have two questions. My laptop seems to work fine, so is it even possible that this cable was meant to be put into my laptop? If it was supposed to have been put back in, are there possible risks to my computer even though it's working fine now? Thanks for your help.

2. rollnw24inkmc

rollnw24inkmc Guest

looks like a ribbon clear cable that you would find on the back of a notebook pc lcd. maybe he meant to install it and forgot about it, or took it out for another call, ive left tools at service calls but never new parts.....yahoo or google the serial number on it and see what its for...

3. CT25

CT25 Thread Starter

I looked it up, and you are right: it is an lcd cable. I'm not too worried about it since my computer and screen work fine, but I'll keep it in mind in case anything happens.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!