1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Techs opinions about Spyware/Adware what % of clients problems directly come from it

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jameso321, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jameso321

jameso321 Thread Starter

50%?

I would say 50-75% of my residential clients problems are a direct result of Adware/Spyware/Malware

Other Technicians opinions?

jameso321

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Absolutely, I have a good job because of it. Estimate 60% spyware/adware, 30% viruses, 10% everything else. I find most people that have spyware also have a virus(s). At some point they uninstalled their antivirus And they can't understand that Kazaa is the problem. Of course it always comes down to being the stores fault :)

3. jameso321

jameso321 Thread Starter

Back in the day I worked for a large chain xxxxUSA - I introduced the other Techs to Adaware at that point. I spoke to the supervisor yesterday when I was there and asked him how the spyware situation was and he said at least 50%.

I agree, it's good business for us and we have really nailed down the tools that we use to clean it.

Cheers to Spyware!!

lol

jameso321

4. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    I have to agree. As soon as somebody complains to me of a crashing or sluggish computer I automatically run the anti-scumware apps. I was going to guess about 60-75%.

Long ago I complained that the media will splash virus attacks in their news casts - code red, blaster etc. - and they have only recently began talking about spam but it is my belief that scumware is the largest problem and nobody talks about it!. I guess nothing is newsworthy unless it is crashing networks? :confused:

5. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

I would say 60% spyware, 15% viruses/trojans, and almost ALWAYS lack of maintenance.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice