1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Telephone answering

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oilbath, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oilbath

oilbath Thread Starter

I have changed from dialup to dsl. I like it, but my wife doesn't. What she dislikes is that now whenmthe phone rings she has to answer. With dial up, we had call wave so we would see who called and we would call back when we had time. I would like to know if there is a way to hook upthe computer to something which would do about the same thing, i.e. block calls record them to return call later.

oilbath

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    a cheap answer phone may be a soloution.

3. 4steve44

4steve44

What I want to know is who made the rule that everytime the phone rings that you have to answer it :confused: If one doesn't want to answer the phone don't. If one can't stand the phone ringing then turn the ringer off ;) We have become conditioned or trained is a better word like a dog to answer the phone. It is way past time to rid ourselves of this habit :eek:

4. 4steve44

4steve44

;)
    And caller ID maybe :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326788

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice