1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Television On Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ebony, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ebony

ebony Thread Starter

My son is off to Australia for a year and I gave him a Dell Latitude D600 with Windows Pro installed to take with him. He asked if he could get TV programs on the laptop so I,m asking what do I need in hardare and software to accomplish this? Also is the TV accessed through the internet or by a TV cable attached to the laptop?

2. sportscrazy

sportscrazy

I've heard of Internet TV, I looked up free channels but you either need to register with some sites and there is a restriction to the amount of channels availible...I'm not aware of any other services but would be curious to find out! :D

3. biagrin

biagrin

you can buy usb tv tuners which just plug into the usb port

4. x_saosin_x

x_saosin_x

yea there about £70 for freeview external with a remote
    or about £30 internal

neally got one yestaday

5. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Just remember Australia uses PAL format not NTSC don't buy NTSC tunres or your tossing out money. Internet TV is still really in its infancy and to be honest I don't know anything to lead you down that road.

6. ebony

ebony Thread Starter

Thanks for the information. You just saved me $140!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice