1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tell me if this is a good build for gaming normal to high.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bigsteve606, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bigsteve606

Bigsteve606 Thread Starter

AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor

Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case

Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer

SAPPHIRE 11201-05CPO (VAPOR-X) Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

i already ordered everything but the graphics card and that's my price range.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Since you already ordered the parts, it does little good now to ask if they are going to work well together.

Your parts selection is low to mid range at best. The mb is not a performance board. Gigabyte makes
    fine boards however this is one of their mid-level ie NOT performance boards.
    Hard drive. Again WD makes fine drives however NOT the blue series. Only the black series [or preferably a ssd] for a gaming system.
    Pw supply. Again corsair makes some fine pw supplies however the one you selected is NOT one of them. For a gaming system only the HX, TX, or AX line.

In short the parts you have selected are fine for an office system ie running office, email, etc. They are NOT fine for a gaming machine and you most likely will be disappointed in their performance or longevity.

3. xarinlemox

xarinlemox

Buy an XBOX or PlayStation (consoles I mean) for gaming unless the games you wanna play are PC only. Gaming on a PC is expensive.

4. jagsthecat

jagsthecat

That's not true at all.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1132076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice