1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Telnet How Can i Get Someones IP

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by 3.D, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 3.D

3.D Thread Starter

Hey Everyone,

How can i get someones Ip off msn by using telnet?

2. Big-K

Big-K

Why would you want someones IP?

3. 3.D

3.D Thread Starter

lol i just want to know how to figure it out using like netstat -n with msn port 1863 or something

4. Melodi

Melodi

Do you want to 'dial into' someone's system? You can determine an IP by, while on that computer go to www.whatismyip.com and it will give it. However IP addresses change everytime you dial up to the internet. If you are on a broadband connection it could be more stable, I'm not sure. I know that I use IPs to access remote systems or terminal service type systems.

5. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

What does Telnet have to do with MSN? What are you planning on using telnet to connect to?

6. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Telnet and netstat are software used by hackers during file transfers on a p2p such as MSN .You are opening a can of worms my friend .....:(

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Telnet and Netstat are only hacking tools like pencils and ropes are murder weapons. Theres nothing malicious about any of them unless you use them in the wrong way. I use both programs quite often.

8. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

2+2 does not equal 5 ....

9. 3.D

3.D Thread Starter

I was trying to use telnet to connect to habbohotel to find out codes and html etc..

but netstat -n i use in msn while sending a file to get ip but i dont no which ip is theres and whats ones mine

10. 3.D

3.D Thread Starter

but i dont think habbohotel connects to telnet....

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/189740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice