Temp folder keeps disappearing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TypicalHog

Recently I noticed I couldn't compile my game in Game Maker:Studio and my Dropbox files were not getting synced.
I discovered that my Temp folder was disappearing - Creating a new Temp folder fixes the problem for just few minutes.

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
No wish to alarm, but you may have read that recently, dropbox has been heavily hacked and access gained to many users. It could be possible that you have picked up a Trojan.

I would suggest, in the first instance, that you run a complete scan with the free Malwarebytes:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/antimalware/

TypicalHog

I haven't used Dropbox back when 2012 leak happened. But thank you for help.

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
Ok. The leak I am referring to, occurred a couple of weeks ago, but, if it is offline on your computer no prob.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online