1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Temp Int files

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Shane, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shane

Shane Thread Starter

I read somewhere here how to have windows remove temp int
    files after every session so none are saved but with my porous
    memory it has slipped away.

Any help is(as always) appreciated.

2. ViperFan

ViperFan

First Name:
    Charlie
    Open up your IE browser, click on TOOLS--internet options. Next, click on ADVANCED and then scroll down to SECURITY. Inder this section you will find the option to clear out your temp internet files automatically. Click the dot next to this option, APPLY...OK....reboot.

I trust that this was what you were looking for! Have a wonderful day!

3. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi Shane,
    Go to CntrolPanel, Internet options, click on Advanced tab, scroll down to security, click the box that says "Emoty temporary internet files when browser is closed". Hit apply and ok. When you close your browser after browsing the files should be gone. Your cookies will still be there though. You can lose those by going to Internet options. On general tab click on settings, click on view files. Click on edit, select all, click on file, delete. It will ask if you want to delete cookies. If you dont want them click yes.

4. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Sorry ViperFan I guess Iwas typing at the same time!

5. Shane

Shane Thread Starter

Thanks guys .

This site is the best . Ask a question and get the solution in less than 10 minutes. Awesome.

6. ViperFan

ViperFan

First Name:
    Charlie
    That's all right--Nothing would get done if everyone waited around to see if someone else was going to do something, right? At least he got his question answered.

Oh, by the way, I do like your Einstein quote. There are a couple others he has said that really hit home--here's one of them (paraphrased): "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius does have its limits!"

Have a fantastic day!

Viperfan

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64299

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice