1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Temp Internet Files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Chaos Queen, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chaos Queen

Chaos Queen Thread Starter

When you delete them, where do they go?

2. drumster

drumster

They get deleted forever

3. 1069

What drumster says is not strictly true - deleted files are in fact recoverable ( even after deleting them from the Recycle Bin ) although the majority of people would find some diffiulty recovering "deleted" files.

This article explains in a little more detail.

4. drumster

drumster

You can recover files deleted from recycle bin, but I doubt if the same applies for the temporary internet files...

5. thechanmane

thechanmane

temporary internet files can be recovered just as any other file; however, they are not moved into the recycle bin or any other convenient location when they are deleted. in order to recover them, you would have to use specialty software, and it's unlikely you would encounter desirable results or usable files after the recovery process. then again, who really needs to recover temporary internet files? for the average user, they are can be considered gone and unrecoverable.

6. 1069

Hi drumster,

If I am wrong I apologise :)

7. dwatsonsr

dwatsonsr

To delete all traces of Temps, History, Cookies, etc. Use on of these Apps as described here:

http://search.techrepublic.com.com/search/trace.html?&c=1&s=0&m=20&o=2&i=0&t=0

Dandy Dan (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice