%temp%

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cablemodemjf

What is this folder in C:\DOCUME~1\Jonathan\LOCALS~1 (Jonathan is my username)?

I've heard you can delete it to free up gigs on your hard-drive, but it looks pretty important, what is it?

Hi Cablemodemjf,

C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan\Local Settings must not be removed while you are logged as 'Jonathan' user.
You may delete files (not the folders) in its Temp subdirectory to free space on your hard drive.

The Temp folder is used by some applications which create temporary files while they are running and some subfolders (e.g. the Internet explorer cache) are needed by some applications.
Temporary files ended by the suffix .tmp are automatically managed by Windows.

Cablemodemjf

I've found quite a few setup files in there ... as well as the little CD cursor :)

When you install a software, it happens sometimes that the 'setup.exe' of the software is copied in the Temp folder because some installations start with extraction of the real setup files.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online