Temperamental internet...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JoeByrneham

Hi all.
i'm using an Ethernet connection to a bt powerline adapter. at times my internet runs perfect, getting about 20 ping in overwatch whilst using skype, however at other times it will struggle to load a youtube video at 144p.
This is frustrating to say the least.
I have tried resetting the router multiple times and have linked and unlinked the powerline adapter more times than i'd like to count. If anyone could help me out with this issue it would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me mad. Cheers
-Joe

plodr

Liz
What model?
Describe how the lights look when it is working and how they look when it is struggling.

I'm not in the UK but we use Netgear Powerline adapters successfully for about 6 years.

JoeByrneham

the lights on the powerline adapter are all constantly green. as for the actual router i haven't checked yet. i will report back when this issue occurs again

plodr

Liz
Forget the router lights. You do have 2 powerline adpater, correct?
One plugs in near the router and is connected by ethernet to your router.
The other is at a second location where you want wired access.

Again, I need to know what model you are using so I can track down the manual.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online