1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Temperature Sensor Locations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Little8, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Little8

Little8 Thread Starter

Simple question......I purchased a Aspire Turbo case w/ temp display. Where is the best location for the temp sensor wire to be placed??

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Place it wherever you want to measure the temperature.

If you want the case temp, place it towards the upper case area.
    If you want to measure video card temperature, place it on the video card heatsink
    If you want to measure CPU temp. place it on the CPU heatsink.

Etc.

3. Little8

Little8 Thread Starter

OK, thanks! I want to measure CPU temp. I assume between the heat sink and the CPU is the best spot.

4. winbob

winbob

Whoa Nellie!!!!

Nothing goes BETWEEN the heat sink and cpu other than thermal grease or a thermal pad! If you don't have a near perfect mating of the sink to the chip you may fry your CPU.

Unless you can slip the wire in place AFTER the sink is correctly mounted, "fahgettaboutit".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice