1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Temperature Warning Setting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Terryw92, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Terryw92

Terryw92 Thread Starter

Couldn't find an answer for this online probably because am searching wrong but should be easy question, In my bios there is a option for setting CPU temperature warnings at 60 C 70 C 80 C maybe couple more, figured this would be good idea as am worried about the temperatures while playing games etc.
    I don't have a case speaker so how would i receive the warnings?
    Also which setting would be best?

Computer - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/FvL4jX

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I believe [not sure] it just shows a warning ie popup.
    Since you have a gigabyte board, download and install easytune. You can set a warning in easytune and it will play a sound, etc if you exceed a parameter that you have set.

AMD no longer posts max temps for their cpus however I like to see temps below 65C when running prime95 or IBT. If you run prime95 for 10min or so, that is going to show you the max temp you are going to see when stressing your system. If it is something like 55C or so, I would not worry about temps; you are fine. If you start seeing 65C or higher, then you need better cooling.

3. Terryw92

Terryw92 Thread Starter

Thanks for the answer, would you recommend i download easytune 1st and set the warning, then run pime 95? Seems i should since i ended up with one failed part so far.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Yes. Install easytune and restart. Open easytune and get familiar with it. Note this is also an overclocking program so just look at the hardware tab or setting and do not change any speeds or voltages. Once you know where the temps and voltages readings are, start prime95 and run it for 10min or so. That will let temps stabilize and you get a good idea of your max temp.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice