Temperature Warning Setting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Terryw92

Couldn't find an answer for this online probably because am searching wrong but should be easy question, In my bios there is a option for setting CPU temperature warnings at 60 C 70 C 80 C maybe couple more, figured this would be good idea as am worried about the temperatures while playing games etc.
I don't have a case speaker so how would i receive the warnings?
Also which setting would be best?

Computer - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/FvL4jX

crjdriver

I believe [not sure] it just shows a warning ie popup.
Since you have a gigabyte board, download and install easytune. You can set a warning in easytune and it will play a sound, etc if you exceed a parameter that you have set.

AMD no longer posts max temps for their cpus however I like to see temps below 65C when running prime95 or IBT. If you run prime95 for 10min or so, that is going to show you the max temp you are going to see when stressing your system. If it is something like 55C or so, I would not worry about temps; you are fine. If you start seeing 65C or higher, then you need better cooling.

Terryw92

Thanks for the answer, would you recommend i download easytune 1st and set the warning, then run pime 95? Seems i should since i ended up with one failed part so far.

crjdriver

Yes. Install easytune and restart. Open easytune and get familiar with it. Note this is also an overclocking program so just look at the hardware tab or setting and do not change any speeds or voltages. Once you know where the temps and voltages readings are, start prime95 and run it for 10min or so. That will let temps stabilize and you get a good idea of your max temp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online