1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

temperature

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lovsk8in247, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lovsk8in247

lovsk8in247 Thread Starter

my temperature for my computer is marked at 43'C 108'F is that normal for a windows XP home?

2. Trag

Trag

I don't think that your OS is as important to the temperature as the processor is. You might want to look up the datasheets for your processor to see what the max and min temperatures are.

Joel

3. lovsk8in247

and how would i do that?

4. Trag

Trag

Go to "Run" in the start menu, and type "dxdiag". On the main page it should tell you what processor you have (if it doesn't, check out the other tabs). Then just go to the manufacturers web site (in my caseintel) and look there for datasheets (some of which for the pentium 4 chip can be found here).

Joel

5. lovsk8in247

thank you

6. lovsk8in247

how am i suppost to figure out what temp my processor is at?

7. Trag

Trag

I thought you said it was marked at 43 degrees. I wouldn't worry about the processor temperature too much, it probably is fine, unless you made some modifications to it (overclocking for example) did you do anything to mess with the internals of your computer?

Joel

8. lovsk8in247

no but the temperature did go up more to 46'C 118'F

9. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That's a prefectly normal temperature, especially if the room is at all warm. Of course, it would help to know what brand, model, and speed of processor we're talking about...

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice