1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

temperaturee are high and cant play anymore.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beljo, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beljo

beljo Thread Starter

Hi
    My PC is half year old. This problem started about half year ago. If PC idle the GPU diode temperature is 85-90 and CPU is 40-50. But if i start some game, Ex: Street fighter 4 or something newer the temperature starts to go higher. GPU goes 100-110 and CPU to 90+ and then PC shuts down. What should I do to solve this problem. Check mby CPU thermoplasma or buy some new coolers? I have cleaned it recently.
    OK TY. Sry Im not english.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So this has been happening ever since you got it? Is it a pre-built system or one you built yourself? Both the video card and CPU temps are too high and you can actually damage, if you haven't already damaged the hardware by letting the problem persist for so long.

Have you checked to make sure the fan on the video card is working and the heatsink isn't loose? It'd would also appear that the CPU heatsink isn't installed correctly or the fan isn't working. What case do you have and what kind of cooling fans do you have?

3. beljo

beljo Thread Starter

no sorry. PC is ~ 1 year old. All fans are working. CPU fan speed was 2000+. Checked in bios.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Is it installed correctly? The socket 775 heatsinks are badly designed and not the best to install. You may have to remove it, remove the old thermal pad and install new thermal grease; I'd recommend using Arctic Silver 5.

Do you have any case fans? What are the room temps like?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/842596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice