1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Temperatures

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tehon3299, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tehon3299

tehon3299 Thread Starter

I was wondering, for those of you who have a temperature gauge your PC, what is everyone's PC running at? Just wondering how cool (or hot) most peoples PC's are.

2. RSM123

RSM123

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

CPU temps from motherboard monitor only.
    My personal runs around 35C
    living room around 42C
    first bedroom 40C
    second bedroom 38C
    third bedroom 37C
    forth bedroom 44C.

4. deuce

deuce

CPU - 42°C

Mobo - 32°C

It really depends on what CPU you have and what cooling solution you have. I'm running a P4 1.4Ghz with the retail stock CPU fan as the sole fan in my system. Ideally, you want as cool as possible and there are ways to do it, but it's not necessary. Anything between 35° and 45° is what most people will probably get not under max load. Anything above 50° consistenly (as in not max load) you might want to consider looking at.

5. McTimson

McTimson

From MBM5 with an Athlon [email protected] under full load:

Case: 27C

CPU: 52C

Old eMachines HD: 26C

New Maxtor HD: 19C

CPU [email protected]
    2 case fans, 1 in front, 1 in back.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

My P4-2.4gig is running at 35C / 35C, case & processor. If I run a couple of hours of 100% processor usage, I can get the processor temperature up to 47-48C with the case at 40C. The room temperature is at 22C right now. The case is a mid tower with four disks, two CD drives, and a floppy. The case has two case fans and the P/S (dual fan, bottom, back), and of course, the processor fan.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/128807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice