Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temperatures?

901 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  zephyr 
#1 ·
I was just wondering here. I have a Giga-yte GA-7vt600L mobo with an XP 2500+ processor installed. Of course you can see that by my signature. My delema is that in the bios health it shows me running 38 to 39 degrees C. In Aida 32 EE it shows 25 -27 Degrees C. Which one should be considered the accurate temperature?

#2 ·
You can't trust any of that stuff but it is good for a benchmark. Take a reading when things are going good and compare it when things get dicey. Other than that, I never put any credence to the actual readout value of any of them. The only reading I would trust would be if it said 100° C. (212 F.) and it fried spit from my finger, I'd figure it was correct.

#4 ·
I'm going to guess that the BIOS reading is the correct one, it's probably reading the real processor sensor. The AIDA one appears to be the MB sensor, not the processor.

#5 ·
Motherboard temp reads 30C in bios and 20C in aida. I have developed another problem with that motherboard so I will be starting a new post. Thanks for the help.

#7 ·
Actually Being winter and the fact that I both do not like the heat too well and am saving money on my gas bill, it is only about 55F in here right now. I seldom let it get above 65F. Even so I thought those temps were a little on the low side. My Fan Heatsink combo came with a temp sensor and I was thinking of installing it. I am currently running my ThermalTake Volcano 11+ Xaser at full speed all the time. This makes it a little noisy. I don't mind the noise if it is doing a good job though.

#8 ·
Now I'm ready to side with the Aida readings, given your room temperature of < 60° F.

I normally expect to see a temperature rise of 15° F. (+- 10%)above ambient for the mobo and yours is in that ballpark if it's 55° F. in your room.

It's quite normal for the processor to be hotter than the mobo (unless you have a ducted cooling system) and there again, yours reflects the lower room temperature you operate at.

Here are some benchmark reading I took under various conditions and ambients that may be useful to you:

Best regards.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.