1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Temperatures?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Giraph, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Giraph

Giraph Thread Starter

Well i was using my new computer for about 6 hours or so and the case seemed pretty warm so i decided to check the temperature through the bios... by the way is there an easier way to check temperature? so i restarted and my cpu was at like 124 degrees and my system was at like 102 sorry bout the non celsius lol but is that too much do you think? i just put on the heatsink and paste and im not sure i did that right so that might be a problem?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Giraph

Giraph Thread Starter

it's surrounded by wood? if thats what you mean cuz its in a little space for it in my desk. but i have to go on vacation soon and aaah windows xp won't let me logon, when i type my password it says the program issued a command but the command length is incorrect... so im using another computer for now. :/ i doubt you know anything about that but if you do, help would be great. Oh and i'm having troubles getting into BIOS i dont think my usb keyboard is being recognized very well. it works when i get into windows though. anyways sorry for all the random problems, any help would be greatly appreciated

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    thats how mine is - infact its in a cupboard - and during the summer i take the side off the case.

have you installed any new software or ran any spyware programs on the PC re login
    although - i suspect its a keyboard problem and there are all related...

change the keyboard back to the normal NONE USB type

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

SpeedFan Motherboard Monitor will allow you to leave it in the system tray and you can check temperatures, monitor them, control fan speeds, etc.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/311193

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice