Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temporary files on PC over writing files sent from server!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TonyB25 
#1 ·
Have a Host for experimenting with site writing! Use Fire Fox mainly, about a year ago something changed! On writing simple code with links to code in same directory and uploading to host, checking with browser, the page comes up, but then either 1. On highlighting the link it does not display the host location but a temporary file located on My PC! e.g, Location

www.xxx.com/ x/login.htm but displaying file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/login-2.htm

2. If it does display the correct location, on clicking it, the browser brings up a popup box asking whether I want to open the file, with what or save? Opening with browser opens the file but in the address bar it's the file:///C:/User/... as show above! If I use a different PC it does 2. The most frustrating part is I'm always innovating, testing code finding it works on my locacal server and PC, but when uploaded using the FTP, the above occurs, I've cleared all caches and history, to no avail, so now I'm at a standstill, any code I write and upload with a link does the same, I've tried to find a solution on the Net, but how to ask the question without knowing the key word or phrase? HELP!

#3 ·
Thank you for your response Colinsp / Colin, haven't identified the problem yet, but that keyword "redirect", has opened doors and a new learning curve! Hopefully leading to a solution! I wish there was a dictionary of these keywords or phrases that we had access to, it would make finding solutions to problems so much easier! In this case one word leads to information, while accessing a search engine, without knowing how to ask a question, leads to a quagmire of responses not relevant to what you're searching for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.