1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Temporary Internet Files folder Stuck on Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by troncalli01, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troncalli01

troncalli01 Thread Starter

Dell Dimension 3000 Desktop computer

There is a Temporary Internet Files folder literally STUCK on my desktop. There was another listed under My Documents > When I tried to delete that one, it deleted. So then I tried to move the folder on the desktop to My Documents with no success. "Access Denied", or "In use by another user or program. Close all programs and try again." I tried to "Send" the folder to another location on the computer with no success. Also tried deleting it and cutting and pasting it some where else, that also did not work.

Temporary Internet Files folder's properties:

General Tab > Attributes: Read only box is checked and grayed out.

Any suggestions. Could not find anything in the past when Googling this problem.

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Have you tried last known configuration or system restore?

To start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature, follow these steps:
    Start your computer.
    When you see the "Please select the operating system to start" message, press the F8 key.
    When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.
    If you are running other operating systems on your computer, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP, and then press ENTER.

3. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    It could be marked as a system folder. Try typing
    Attrib "Temporary Internet Files" -S
    into the command prompt, starting at the desktop.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!