1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Temporary Internet Files GONE!!??!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cnelson04, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cnelson04

cnelson04 Thread Starter

Ok, when i download things off the internet now, mostly with music, i get a mesage saying my Temporary Internet cannot be found, or something to the sort, does anyone know were i could just make a new folder to download into, or make everyhing go into a folder i already have..?.. Thankz. :)
    BTW www.ournet.buildtolearn.net/TURNUPTHEVOLUMEtrack4.mp3 <---me and my friend made this song. lol. :rolleyes:

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    How are you downloading files? Directly from Internet Explorer or are you using a 3rd party P2P program like Kazaa?

3. cnelson04

cnelson04 Thread Starter

Right, from IE.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The default folder for the Windows XP is (i think) %system root%/Downloaded Files. Look for that folder. Also I think there is a registry key where you can change the default folder for the downloaded files, but I will have to look into that. In fact XP should remember the last folder you downloaded to so you shouldn't be having the error. Please can you post the exact error.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!