Temporary Internet Files help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eight_bit8

Windows is telling me that my Temporary Internet Files folder is taking up 527 GB. And I did read this right.However, this can't be because I only have a 40 gig hard drive. I found the folder thats supposedly taking up all this space, and its the the Content.IE5 folder. And these big files have filenames that are just random charachters and letters. Can anyone help me fix this?

Delete them if you can.

Keep the IE5 folder but delete the other ones.
After all it is just a temp folder.

Or you could try Evidence Eliminator it's free for 30 days and It cleans unwanted files. Might give your puter more speed to.

Just my 2 cents. look into Evidence Eliminator but wait for more help just to be sure.:D

Try the following, go to control panel, internet tools, and click on setting and set it to 1 meg.

Then click on delete files on the main screen and make sure you delete all offline files. Then run defrag and check it again.

eight_bit8

I tried to delete them, but it Windoze says it cant locate them, and I used something similar to that evidence eliminator, and it didnt work.

It couldn't hurt much to try E.E. then.
It might work for you even if the other one didn't.

Try this. go to start, find, files and folders. Make sure it searches the hard drive. Type in

*.tmp

Click find and delete all files, not folders but just the files it finds.

eight_bit8

Nevermind, I got it fixed. i was gonna defrag, so I ran scandisk, and that fixed it all. However, its weird how Windoze said it took up 527 GB when I only have a 40 GB HD.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Whenever you run Scandisk you should run it with AUTOfix OFF, so that you see exactly what scandisk wants to try and fix.
Hopefully, you have logging selected?
Open the file C:\Scandisk.log in Notepad and see exactly what was "fixed".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online