Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temporary Internet Files Hidden

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  mel8again 
#1 ·
I can't see my Temporary Internet Files folder listed.
I can delete the files from IE, but can't see it listed when I look for it through my computer.

Another problem that I'm having is that all the files are not listed in the Temp File.
When I watch a video from Youtube - I delete all the files in the Temp file, watch the video, refresh temp screen - It lists only 3 or 4 files and none of them are bigger than 3KB.

Everything was fine a few months ago. Any Ideas?

#2 ·
They are not hidden. You just have to know where to find them. In Internet Explorer you go to Tools, Internet Options and on the General tab you will see Settings for Temporary Internet Files. Click on Settings and a box will come up and tell you where the files are located, and View them.

#3 ·
When I go to tools, internet, internet options and view the temp files alot of the files are not displayed.
Example - I clear all the temp files (leave the file open) - I view a video from youtube, and them refresh the temp file. there are only 3 files listed all 1-3KB in size. I can't see the file of the video that I just watched.

I have checked the cache and it is writing to that drive.(not disabled)

I can see the location of the Temp File Folder fine from IE.
If I follow the location c: .... Appdata/Microsoft/Windows. I can see all the file folders until I get to the Temp Internet folder - It's not there.

All I really need (for my job) is to be able to view all the temp files in IE. As I explained above - not all the files are showing for some reason.

#4 ·
Control Panel, Folder Options and click on the View Tab. Put the radial button in Show hidden files, folder, and drives. Untick hide empty drives in the computer folder, untick the Hide extensions for known file types. Click Apply and ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.