Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temporary Internet Files in OE

816 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cristobal03 
#1 ·
Hello,

My father is not very computer savvy. So I'm trying to help him out, otherwise he just complains to me. His problem is that when when he tries to look at the OE6 attachments in picture viewer they all get dumped into the Temporary Internet Files folder that is also used by IE. He doesn't want to save them, he simply wants to look at them in Picture viewer (back and forward arrows simplify it for him). So is there a way separate where OE attachments and IE temp files get dropped as opposed to saving them? :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
cannedspam said:
Hello,

My father is not very computer savvy. So I'm trying to help him out, otherwise he just complains to me. His problem is that when when he tries to look at the OE6 attachments in picture viewer they all get dumped into the Temporary Internet Files folder that is also used by IE. He doesn't want to save them, he simply wants to look at them in Picture viewer (back and forward arrows simplify it for him). So is there a way separate where OE attachments and IE temp files get dropped as opposed to saving them? :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Install something like Irfanview, this should do a the trick for you.
http://www.irfanview.com/

#4 ·
You can throttle the amount of disk allocated to the Temporary Internet files folder under the General tab of Internet Options... (click Settings... under the Temporary Internet files section and adjust the Amount of disk space to use: option). You can't set it lower than 1MB, so trying to instantly purge wouldn't be possible by doing this. But I'd think that disabling the caching process--which sounds like what you want to do--would be both tricky and risky. Also it'd probably have a noticeable performance impact.

HTH

chris.

[edit]
Just to clarify...by disabling the caching process I meant preventing Windows from caching temporary files, not turning off the Internet cache.
[/edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.