1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

temporary internet files

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by byrdygirl, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. byrdygirl

byrdygirl Thread Starter

My temporary internet files are missing, and I can't download anything because of it. Is there a simple fix for this? Or even a complicated one that I can struggle through? Thanks for the help.

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Temporary Internet Files do not stop you or allow you to download in any way! Please state your operating system, RAM installed and computer brand. What are you doing when you see that you can not 'download'. Please define what you mean by 'download'.

Be sure and do the on-line scan and get the firewall if you have no firewall.

Update your antivirus, temporarily disable your screen saver (choose None) and scan with your anti-virus set to scan All Files. Update and scan bi-monthly.

You can scan on-line to double-check your Windows scanner at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

*** Mandatory (get a firewall of any brand) - Get free Sygate personal firewall anti-hacker countermeasure from http://www.sygate.com. 'Don't let anything out to the Internet you don't know what it is.' Also please see http://www.firewallguide.com/ for more information on why all on-line home computers should be firewall enabled.

3. byrdygirl

byrdygirl Thread Starter

I use Windows 98, I have 528mb RAM, and I was trying to download pictures from Webshots and I get an error saying something to the effect of "cannot find temporary internet files" and it does not download. I know there was a folder there by that name, and it is there no longer....(it's a 1.7 Ghz Pentium 4). A bunch of junk got deleted off of this computer and that folder went with it...

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

The Temporary Internet Files folder exists in C:\Windows folder. So if you want, you can re-create it there.

5. byrdygirl

byrdygirl Thread Starter

I found "Temporary Internet Files" in C:\ Windows, and I have the following problem when I try to download photos from Webshots, and I have never had any trouble doing this until very recently. I am not sure if I would have problems trying to get other stuff on to my computer, since I don't download things very often. Here is the error I get:

c:\windows\temporary internet files\content.ie5\cjcv4tq1\4fbc4612a2e30965669288b942b96067[1].wbz does not exist!

click ok

A problem occurred extracting files to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Webshots Temp\

Any more advice or ideas would be very welcome! Thanks!

6. Dark Star

Dark Star

The easiest fix is to do a fresh Webshots install ....
    I'd suggest Uninstalling whatever may be left of the Webshots that you now have in your PC prior to a fresh Webshots install.

Use the Add/Remove programs from the CP to uninstall it.

here is where you can download it from...

http://www.webshots.com/

c:\windows\temporary internet files\content.ie5\cjcv4tq1\4fbc4612a2e30965669288b942b96067[1].wbz does not exist!

That's obviously needed and it appears that's no longer in your system.

DS

7. Del

Del

It's looking for the temp internet files from webshots that got deleted, if you reinstall it as darkstar suggested it should recreate the temp file and work.

8. byrdygirl

byrdygirl Thread Starter

Alright, I got it fixed. I did the unistall and reinstalled, had the same error. Then I went (on Internet Explorer) and went to Tools, Options and to delete files. This solved the problem, I am happily adding photos to my collection now. I have no idea WHY that worked, but maybe you guys do! Thanks so much for your help! =)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice