1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Temporary Internet Files

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by JoeD., Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoeD.

JoeD. Thread Starter

I tried the rename suggestion. I am wondering if a reg cleaner might take it out, or do a reinstall over Windows 98se? Or just leave well enough alone? Any ideas? Mucho Mucho Gedatchias (Hows that for bad Spanish)

Attached Files:

2. starwaves77

starwaves77

Hey Joe,

A registry cleaner isn't really going to solve this but it can only help and improve the rest of your systems performance, so definitely use on, here's one of my favorites RegVac Registry Cleaner

After you download and open it, click on 'Novice Mode', bottom toolbar and then click on 'Check Registry' in the left, let it work, it will take a long time, may act as if it froze, wait till you see the pop up and click ok,

I wouldn't reinstall 98 for this, same thing will probably occur because default setting is C:\windows\temporary internet files, and if you remove that, it will restore that path, but 'your' system restores your 'local settings' so it will go back to that,

You could try renaming/deleting the folders again in the 'safe mode' you'll have a better chance of it succeeding,

BUT ------- >

Deleting it in DOS will remove that folder, it's easy if you follow my intstructions that I posted. I know you said you were unsure of it but now may be the time to acquire the benefits of working in DOS, you could do it from the DOS prompt while still in windows,

I'll stay online here if that helps >

:)

3. JoeD.

JoeD. Thread Starter

Thanks but I gotta step back for a moment and take a deep breath for trying dos again. And other chores call for more immediate attention. When the times comes, booting up the computer will be as fast as turning on the TV. And I'll try it within the next few days............ Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice