Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

temporary internet files

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Michael York 
#1 ·
just recently i have been getting warnings on my laptop windows vista that Norton 360 needs to clean up internet temporary files and windows temporary files ,every time i fix the problem Norton says there's no problems but every time i close the window the warning is still there

#3 ·
open Internet Explorer, go to tools, internet options, Select settings (in browsing history) select view files. Go to edit, select all then delete selected items. This should clean up the temp. files folder on the drive.
Another thing you could do is to open my computer, right click on C drive, select properties, check disk cleanup. This will also take care of the temp. internet files as well as other temp/and trash...
let us know if this works for you.
vicks

#5 ·
Start using Firefox and you can choose to empty all your history as you close your browser.

or if you're using IE- goto tools then advanced and scroll down to where it says : EMPTY temp files when closing"

PLUS i always choose to erase all my history or temp files when done browsing...

#6 ·
thank you for all your replies, i have cleared all my internet history files, but still have the same problem with Norton 360, but now its telling me that there are 3 issues affecting it, and every time i "fix" the problem it tells me nothing is wrong, it also tells me that the last time i fixed it was 2 weeks ago.

#8 ·
thank you for all your replies, i have cleared all my internet history files, but still have the same problem with Norton 360, but now its telling me that there are 3 issues affecting it, and every time i "fix" the problem it tells me nothing is wrong, it also tells me that the last time i fixed it was 2 weeks ago.
I "SUGGEST" turning that feature of from Norton and GET "Mil Shield"

Mil Shield 6.2 is the answer of all privacy questions. It protects your privacy by removing all tracks from your online or offline computer activities. Mil Shield also shreds the content of the infamous INDEX.DAT files.

Cleaning up the history of your activities completely and safely is impossible without specialized program because most of the tracks are not visible by any standard means and can not be removed manually.

Mil Shield 6.2 cleans all kinds of Firefox tracks: cache, cookies, history, forms history, Search Bar history, downloads history, last download folder and saved passwords. It also resets start and search pages of Firefox. Note that all Firefox files are shredded before cleaning in order to make them irrecoverable.

Automatic cleaning.
You can schedule background cleaning at each startup or shutdown, or when the Internet Explorer or Firefox is closed. While running in background Mil Shield 6.2 is completely invisible

#11 ·
Hi badgerkat,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team responding to your posting regarding Norton 360. The first thing to check is to make sure that Automatic LiveUpdate is enabled and that updates have been successfully applied. You can also manually run LiveUpdate to make sure you have the latest program and definition file updates. To manually check for updates, click on the "PC Security" bubble and then choose "Check for Updates."

The settings to disable the automatic temporary Internet files and Windows files clean up, is located in different places depending on the version of Norton 360 you are using.

For Norton 360 version 1:

1. Open Norton 360.

2. Click on the "Scans" link at the top of the window.

3. Click on the radio button next to "Let Me Choose" and then click the "Go" button.

4. Deselect the boxes next to the items that you do not want Norton 360 to fix for you. When you are finished click the "Back" button.

For Norton 360 version 2:

1. Open Norton 360.

2. Click on the "Settings" link at the top of the window.

3. Click on "Task Scheduling."

4. Deselect the boxes next to the items that you do not want Norton 360 to fix for you.

5. Click the "Back" button.

After you have made these changes, close Norton 360. If you are still prompted to "Fix" the issues that you just deselected, then there may be a problem with your installation of Norton 360.

Please try the steps I listed above and let me know if you are still being prompted to "Fix" the issues and I will reply back with the proper instructions to uninstall and reinstall Norton 360.

Thank you,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.