1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

terminal macro?

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by elmo7, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elmo7

elmo7 Thread Starter

hi guys

i use a program for video compositing called "shake"

now i have been toled that its better for my mac to open it by going to terminal and typeing the word "shake" and hitting entter this opens up shake.

so have been running the program this way for as long as i can remeber but i am looking to created a macro or some auto run thing so i can put in my dock click it and it opens termainal than then runs shake from it on its own.

i have been looking to do this for ages and have never got round to it so any help would be very welcome.

thanks
    Alex

2. VegasACF

VegasACF

Actually, it's better if you open it by going to terminal and typing the word "shake" and hitting enter while dancing naked in the pale moonlight, but only on the third rainy Thursday after having already sacrificed a virgin she-goat to the gods of the Inca underworld, run a half marathon backwards in flip-flops while wearing angel wings and drinking a non-fat decaf venti carmel macchiato (with whipped cream, of course).

I've never heard of such a thing. Just double-click the icon. As far as I know (someone feel free to jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong) it does the same thing, just through different means.

3. elmo7

elmo7 Thread Starter

ok well i will have to try your way

any way they guy that toled me this is some one that gets a lot of money for using programs like shake and is very good at them so you know i guess i lissen to him a bit :D

any way so is there a way to set this task to something i can put in my dock?

4. VegasACF

VegasACF

Perhaps I'm missing something. You're just opening the application, right? If you want the application to appear in the dock just drag it into the dock.

5. elmo7

elmo7 Thread Starter

no

i want to creat a macro or something that i can put in the dock that when click opens shake the way i said above by using terminal

6. Headrush

Headrush

I think you need to be a little cleaner on what you want to do.

Shake is a normal OS X app and can be selected in the Applications folder.
    Once running you can right click the icon and select "Keep in dock" so it is there for easy opening.

Shake also has a command line interface and can process files this way also.

It sounds like you want to start Shake, but also open terminal so your can use it that way also? Is that correct? If so, you could make a simple Applescript that loads Shake and then loads Terminal.

7. elmo7

elmo7 Thread Starter

No what i want to do is create a macro thing that loads shake throu terminal

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice