Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminal Server and Exchange

661 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jburrows 
#1 ·
I cannot get any Terminal server clients to connect to our Exchange Server.
We run Terminal Server on a Windows 2000 server and are using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000.
When I log into terminal server and try to setup a user profile I get an error "The name could not be resolved. The microsoft exchange address book was unable to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Contact your system administrator if the problem persists.
I am able to ping the Exchange Server by the IP address.

Any idea?

Thanks

Jill

#2 ·
I have a feeling that its going to be something to do with Active Directory, and Users and Groups. Does the user whose profile you are trying to set up already have a user account in both the W2K domain and on the Exchange server?

This article offers a fix for a very similar problem, without really explaining why the fix is necessary.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q255843

If you can't get Terminal Server to work, have you considered setting up Outlook Web Access, as this is really easy to configure and demonstrate to your users?

#3 ·
Yes, the users have accounts on the W2K domain and the Exchange server. I also have tried giving the users administrative rights just to make sure it's not a rights issue.

I also just tried removing the TCP/IP protocal and readding just as the article suggests and still no luck.

The users do currently use WebMail but they want the full features of Outlook.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.