1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Terminal Services Active Client

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TheWendyGuy, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWendyGuy

TheWendyGuy Thread Starter

I have Terminal Services running on my Win 2K Advanced Server box at home.

I have the Active Client running on a webpage and am able to log into my box without problems from every location EXCEPT one of my workplaces.

I know (am asuming...) it must be some sort of security setting that is stopping me from running the ActiveX control. I never get presented with security certificate asking if I want to trust content from Microsoft.

The machines here are all running 2K Professional, and I am in the "Users" group.

We have an admin that is very inexperienced, and while he is willing to give the permission, he does not know whick permission it is that is denying me. We are currently locked down to the state where we can't even open the "Date/Time" options.

I really don't think it is the obvious IE Security options from Internet Tools which is affecting me, because I am able to alter those, and they make no difference.

Any ideas?

And if I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologise. I thought that this was the most appropriate place for it.

Thanks

[email protected]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62549

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice