1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Terminal Services session being disconnected

Discussion in 'Networking' started by easystreet, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. easystreet

easystreet Thread Starter

I can establish a SonicWall VPN connection between client system A (Win2K-Pro) and a host server system B (Win2K-Server). Both systems have the latest service packs and security patches. Client A is on the West Coast and Server B is in the mid-West. Client A uses a Zoom ADSL modem for internet connectivity.

When I open a Terminal Services Session between A and B the session will be disconnected if idle for more than 2 or 3 minutes. I get the alert box with the message "the Terminal Server has ended the connection."

Client system A can open Terminal Services sessions with a different Server C (Win2K-Server) on the East Coast without using the VPN connection and the session is NEVER timed out for being idle.

A different client system D (Win-XP) using a cable modem for internet connectivity can establish a SonicWall VPN connection and open a Terminal Services session with server B and it is NEVER timed out for being idle.

Any ideas on what might be the problem causing the disconnects between A and B? Any thoughts on what to try next to shed some light on the problem?

Thanks in advance - I appreciate any help on this you can give!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice