1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Terraria Server hosting Problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Codylee11, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Codylee11

Codylee11 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I recently got terraria and i want to play the multiplayer without having to use a public server. I want to use my two laptops to play terraria together on a private server.

The laptops are both using the same Smc Network router and Time Warner Cable connection. I have tried Hamachi using the ip address that the app gives me, i have forwarded my ports( the IPv4 , the IP that "whatismyip.com" gave me and even my default gateway). I have used the ports 7777 and 31337 and i have even spent over 3 hours on the phone with SMC networks chat agents trying their best to help but the thing is.. I CANT CONNECT.

When i use one laptop and two instances of Terraria, i can log onto my own game. When i log onto a public server with both laptops, I can see both characters. But if i create a server, whether with or without hamachi, I cannot sign into my own server. With hamchi i use the IP at the top of my host PC's hamachi app bar, ive tried the other way around too. when i dont use hamachi i use every damn IP i can find and none work..

What am i doing wrong????

2. Codylee11

Codylee11 Thread Starter

Oh and another thing. The Chat agent also helped me put it in DMZ and yet it still did not work

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice