1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Terrible DSL....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BlackfieldII, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlackfieldII

BlackfieldII Thread Starter

:confused:
    So, I'm the kinda guy thats good at alot of things on the computer, EXCEPT internet things.
    I'm fairly worthless when it comes to that. But i have a question, my family and I share a wireless DSL network through an Apple Airport Extreme router, and then it connects to the little Apple receiver box which then is wired up to my computer. My computer has an Intel Pro/1000 MT network connection.
    I was wondering, are these two a good match up? because my internet right now, is HORRIBLE. Sometimes it's even worse than dial up (56k steaming videos are choppy and slow download). So i was wondering if there is anything i can do to fix this.
    Thanks!

2. ariel67

ariel67

Clean your computer, get rid of those unwanted files and programs.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The Intel Ethernet adapters are good. As mentioned you may have some software on your computer that is slowing it down, or its not getting a good signal.

What operating system are you running?

Are the other computers experiencing slow internet as well or is it just yours?

How fast of a DSL service are you paying for?

4. BlackfieldII

BlackfieldII Thread Starter

I have been cleaning my computer excessively. I don't know what else i can remove that i dont need...
    I'm on a custom made computer using windows xp.
    It just seems like this computer is falling apart.

the rest of my family is getting exceptionally better internet speeds than me. Im thinking that the location of my room is just not working out for the router, or if there is something deeper.
    i cant decide. i will try moving everything around, and see which works best.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/637322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice