Terrible fps in all games. *please help*

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Swiften

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Basically this battle with my computer started after i installed my new DVD burner and reformatted. I wanted to reformat because i felt my computer could use a good cleaning. When i installed my Dvd Burner i set the jumpers wrong, and my comp freaked, and for about an hour it wouldnt post, and thru the onboard sound, it was saying system failed cpu test. Now, i just uplugged everything and let it sit for about 45 mins, and it was working fine (remeber this was before the format.) After i got everything settled with that, i began to reformat, doing it the windows "long" way but i kept my music and such backed up on a seperate partition. After i formatted, i imediatly installed sp2, and updated and restarted my comp until it was done. I then installed all the necessary software for anti virus and anti spyware.

After all that i installed css, bf2, and need for speed most wanted. Before the reformat i was getting 120fps+ in cs, 80+ in bf2, and about 80-100 in nfs. That is with all settings maxed and AA 2x and AF 4x. Now, i get 40-60 in cs, 30-60 in nfs, and 20-40 in bf2. Now those arent entirely "unplayable" i know, but after having it run silk for 9 months...its a huge change for me, plus i KNOW my hardware should be able to handle it. Here's my system setup...

Thermaltake Tsunami Case
Antec trueblue 480watt psu (rails are plenty good)
Amd 64 3500+ s939 winchester
Asus A8V deluxe
1gb (512x2) dual channel corsair valueram
eVGA 6800gt @ 410/1150
Soundblaster Audigy pro zs gamers
Maxtor 200gb Sata hd 7200rpm

Thank you for reading again,
and thanks in advance for any help

-Swiften-

Do you happen to remember which driver versions you were using before you reformatted? Did you install 'performance' drivers a while ago, and then install regular drivers after you reformatted?

Swiften

Yes i always use modded driver, DNA-Force, and i used the same ones, i even tried going back to the default nvidias, but came back because there was no difference.
I made sure to uninstall the driver, and use a driver cleaner before each new installation

-Swiften-

maybe you have to go into your bios and set the frequencies correctly if you havent already done this

I know my motherboard doesnt automatically detect the right frequencies for my hardware, so I had to manually set my RAM and CPU frequencies, or they would have continued running at the minimum speed that the motherboard supports, rather than the speed they are meant for

Swiften

Yeah i made sure to check all that, i've reformatted several times before, and this is the only time i've had a problem

Swiften

The Rails are used to tell you how many amps your cpu pushes out at each voltage. the most important one is the +12v as this is what your cpu consumes. ****** psu's (600w for 30 bucks) could have a rail of 18amps, which would barely support an a64 @ stock speeds

good rails have very high amps, which supports overclocking, as the higher frequency requires more power.

hope that helps

-Swiften-

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online