1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Terrorism

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Deke40, Jan 28, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

Liberal vs. Conservative views on terrorism. The Difference Between The Liberal and Conservative "Debate" Over The War On Terrorism. Question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities.
    In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer: Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
    Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think?
    What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try and come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer: BANG!

Texan's Answer: BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    click... (sounds of clip being ejected and fresh clip installed)
    Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"
    Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too...
    "BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    Daughter: "Nice grouping Daddy!"

2. jimi

jimi

I'm very liberal, own a Glock, and my wife is from Texas, you wouldn't have even of had one neural spasm, wanna test this former rangers marksmanship?? bring you biggest knife please, and then stop with the BS garbage of what a liberal VS a conservative retoric is mulder!!;)

3. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Long time shooter here. I have fired multi-thousands of rounds of many different calibres. I never never never want to have to use a gun on another human being, but if I have to I will, and I guarantee you two things:

1) That person will be very dead.

2) That person's death with haunt me the rest of my life.

4. combsdon

combsdon

....gotta admitt I'm a bit confused regarding your definition of terrorism........:confused:

5. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

Wow, ya'll are so serious. I thought it was funny. Particulary like the "texan" approach! I think this one was meant to be taken lightly.....at least I hope it was.

6. pyritechips

First Name:
    Jim
    Haven't you caught on yet Don?

It's all the rage these days. Just like McCarthyism. All you have to do is point at someone you don't like and yell "terrorist!" Guaranteed Bust! Even those 2 that did all the sniping last fall have been charged with terrorist activities!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

HUH? Yes, they were psycho. Yes they were sick murderers... but "terrorists"?

I heard the phrase "left wing hysteria" used tonight. May I ask: Does "right wing hysteria" exist?

7. combsdon

combsdon

....is that anything like ....either you are with us or you are non-patriotic...:(

8. jimi

jimi

i'm not with ya don!!!

ever heard of toungue in cheek thus the mulder reference

yes you would jim don't ever asipre to meet that fate; don any differnet views??

conservative scumm i'll rune your life - tongue in cheek again - or not:) - Texas - definition - arm pit of the earth - wanna bet???

love you honey

9. Mulderator

Mulderator

I thought it was very funny! ;)

10. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Alas, we agree. Yes, I'd shoot to save my family or myself, but I would also regret the choice.
    I also have shot a variety of caliber. And I target shoot regularly. Can't hunt though, I cannot stand the possibility that I may not make the lkill quickly enough for the animal.
    I'd probably shoot for the knees first, then, if he was still coming, I'd go for the head, and kill him. But I would try every option to save his life if possible. I'd still be haunted, even if I hadn't killed him.

11. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Geez, I thought this was a different thread.

12. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Hey, let's just let those snipers go. They're not REALLY terrorists. They just shot people they didn't know. Prosecuting them under terrorism laws must just be a "right-wing" conspiracy.
    Is that what you think, really? Shall we now call you Hillary? If not, then don't call me McCarthyist.
    Did they terrorize Marylaned? I would think yes. If EVER there was a good reason for the Death Penalty, this is it.

Hate to fight you everywhere Chips, I know you're a thoughtful person, and I promise that I DO respect your thoughtfulness, especially on serious issues.

They've admitted to the crime in many ways, but I bet there's already a thread for that discussion.

Sure, "right-wing histeria" exists. Ther are dik-heads in the KKK just about 100 miles from me. I would also call them terrorists, wouldn't you?

13. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

In fact,
    The KKK as a whole should be brought up on charges of terrorism.
    That's there whole schtick!

14. pyritechips

First Name:
    Jim
    I didn't say let them go! Don't put words in my mouth! I never said let them go, but I do say prosecute them as "murders".

And suppose you tell me what exactly a "terrorist" is and what they did that was a terrorist act? You are a slave to media driven cliche's that have been repeated so often they have lost their meaning. I defy you to prove to me here that they are terrorists and I defy you to define terrorism as US law now defines it.

What makes them terrorists???

:confused:

15. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Fair enough. Sorry about that. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth, and I apologise if it seemed that way. It was not my intention. Seem's we're chasing each other around a couple of threads. But the discussions are important to you, as they are to me. I'm glad to be discussing these passionate issues with you, even though we may disagree. I am not trying to be disrespectful, and I appreciate your calling me on the carpet if I seem that way.
    I am a slave to nobody. But a definition of terrorism alludes me as it relates to law. But it is clear to me from a common sense point of view. One who terrorizes must be a terrorist. Since these 2 terrorized a nation, I would consider them terrorists. For the law definition, I must defer to Mulder (since he's the only one here who I know is a Lawyer) or some other lawyer that can clearly define it from a legal standpoint.
    I see your point, and there is grey area here. But I still think they could be defind as terrorists based on the fact that they caused large communities to change their activities in fear of their lives while they were committing these murders.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice