Test If A Website Is Already Open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

balloon_tom

Hi folks,
I have a macro which opens an IE window:

Dim Ie As New InternetExplorer
Ie.Visible = True
Ie.Navigate "http://gisserve....../viewer.htm"

I then navigate within this webpage and eventually get to the data I want. The data is displayed and extracted from the Ie status bar:

Do
'somethings
a(0) = Ie.StatusText
Loop

No problems...all works great.
However, if I need to stop and restart the macro, a new instace of Ie is of course opened, and I must re-navigate the new page which takes several minutes. I would like to test to see if this site is already open, and if so, be able to continue where I left off. Is this possible?
Thanks,
Tom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online