Test your pop up killer here!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Good test, the only ones that FreeSurfer can't deal with are the JAVA ones that float over the page. I'd like to find something that could kill them and still allow JAVA capability for legitimate uses.

I've never seen a test like that. John, I agree with you, it is a good test. Strangely, it did not appear as if the site was trying to sell one particular product. Cool.

I didnt get a single popup with Mozilla Firebird. Maybe its cuz I dont have Java installed. How do i test if I have it or not?

I only got a popup on two tests, sticky and mouseover. The only popup blocker I'm using is what's built into Opera. I do have Java enabled.

I got one on Come & Go Test
one on Floating popup
one on Modeless Window
one on Drop down Popup
one on Floating banner
one on Sticky popup
one on EyeBlaster
one on BlueLayer
one here TangoZebra Overlays

Just slimbrowser with the built in pop-stopper enabled.

Firebird has a built in popup blocker. You know when its blocked a popup when you see the little i in the bottom left fo the screen.

I only use Norton Personal Firewall, only two popups came up. One in come & go test, the other in modeless window

Didn't see a single one!

I use "Popup Killer" (No longer available, and I guard backup copies of the setup .exe like gold!)

kbr

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online