testing a cpu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bilbo

i just baught a second hand cpu(p3 500 slot 1,100mhz fsb 2.0v)to replace the old one that stopped working,which i think was because of a faulty fan(went on and off or slow)
ive plugged the new one in and i get no bios beap or anything.
im fairly confident that the ram is ok any ideas?
or dose anyone know how i could test the cpu to see if ive been sold a dud?

Is the cpu the exact same as the previous.
did you reset the jumpers for the new cpu if different.
Try reseating it again, may not be all the way in.
check for any connections that might have accidentally been knocked loose while changing the cpu

bilbo

the cpu is exactly the same, jumpers are correct cpu has been reseated and connections checked....still no action.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online