1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Text Documents

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tinacarole, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tinacarole

tinacarole Thread Starter

Hi,

I feel really stupid even asking this question, but i am doing a text document at the moment and for some reason it won't do a single line up each time, i'm wondering whether i have fiddled with a button and mucked my line spacing up because it goes up about 3 lines each time. A did a text document a few days ago and it was fine that time.
    Help please its driving me mad, and i will fiddle so much that i will probably mess up other stuff as well.
    tinacarole

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

What is the program or processor you are using to work on the text document and version number?

3. tinacarole

Hi ozromle,
    Thanks for your reply, you asked what program or processor i am using and version number, well as i am a Dummy at computers, you will have to tell me where i can find that info that you require because all i am certain about is that it is a Windows XP and i opened a wordpad document.
    tinacarole

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Ok so you opened the text document in wordpad. There is no setting in wordpad that I can find to change the line spacing but there is in Microsoft word and wordpad takes some of its settings from word.

I do not know what version of word you have but if you do have it I would suggest opening it up and look thru the settings on it under pharagraph and see if it is set for double spce lines.

5. tinacarole

Hi,

Why arent my lines going up singly when i need a new line, it was working ok a few days ago, am i pressing a wrong button somewhere on my windows xp, i have been asked which program i am using or processor and version number, but i dont have a clue cos i am a computer dummy.
    tinacarole

6. techychick

techychick

You may want to consider an alternative to wordpad

OpenOffice

I don't really understand your question, do you mean that wordpad is double spacing your text?

7. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi tinacarole,
    With WorPad open, click on the 'Help' and then click on About WordPad. This'll give you the version number etc. then you can update your question in TSG.
    I'll ask a mod to merge this with your earlier but similar question.

Richard.

8. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Threads merged. Please continue to reply here instead of starting a new thread.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice