1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Text Editor for Access 2007 Field

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Margo12, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

I have a memo field in my application that the user needs to put a lot of text in with numbered items that require indentint. The finished report looks awful because she is forced to space between the numbers and the text instead of a clean indent. I am using the runtime version of Access 2007 field. I need find a text editor that will hold formatting and keep it in the field for the report.

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Margo, the only ways I can think of to achieve what you want for a "Memo Type" of field is to use a Word equivelent program to actually hold both the data and the Report or use VBA to Indent on the Report.
    Memo fields don't hold any kind of formatting, so if you want a large body of text formatted you need to use Word to store the data as formatted', which you can hyperlink to for printing or emailing.
    You could however use VBA to Indent the data by inserting Spaces in to the Text at the appropriate places.

3. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I will have to set up a merge to Word I think. That is the only way they will get everything they want out of this. I was trying to keep everything contained inside the program but this is just getting too complicated. Still working on the jewelry store...

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Margo, do you want the Access to Word VBA that I use?

5. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

I guess I do. I really need advice. I tried a word merge but the query is too complex and I can't get a merge document to call it right. I have two separate fields for Item No. and Description. Under Description they are writing:

text text test text......
    A. text text text
    B.

6. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

1. Sorry I hit enter accidentally. The problem is they may have a
    paragraph under each sub item that wraps to the left, so they end up
    spacing to make a trim left edg, but on the report it's all ragged:

a. Sorry I hit enter accidentally. The problem is they may have a
    paragraph under each sub item that wraps to the left, so they end
    up spacing to make a trim left edg, but on the report it's all ragged:

It won't even do it in this reply field. Anyway. I can't figure a way to do this the way they want it. I'll take any suggestions.

7. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Send it to me so that I can see the actual data and I will see what i can do.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/817225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice