1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Text resizing inside Text Boxes when copied/pasted

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tinsel10, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tinsel10

tinsel10 Thread Starter

User has text boxes within cells of a table in Word 2003. Originally files were created in Word 97.

Copies text boxes into another existing file and the text changes size and will not fully show inside text box ie. it is chopped off. If copies text boxes into a brand new document, the paste is fine, all sizes correct.

When doing the paste, smart tag option of keep source formatting is selected but this seems to make no difference.

Any ideas?

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Since you copy into an existing file, have you tried to enlarge the text area into which you copy in the existing file - try doing it before you copy into the text box if that is possible.

-- Tom

3. tinsel10

tinsel10 Thread Starter

i have tried copying the text boxes into a brand new document and they are still enlarging and then being truncated within the text box.

I wonder if it is anything to do with my default text size settings which are Ariel size 12 because that is what size it then makes the text inside the text boxes when i copy them into a new document. In original document, text is Ariel size 9 which is why they fit fine.

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Sounds like you have discovered the problem.

-- Tom

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/553455

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice