Text shading on monitor? What's up with that!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sailing2you

Anywhere on my monitor that I have text, or anything else for that matter, I get a horizontal shading on both sides of the text out to the edge of the screen. I thougth the problem was with the monitor. IT'S NOT I have had this problem for ahwile, but I was going to buy a new LCD monitor and thought a new one would cure the problem. The new monitor has the same shading. Is the problem the video card?
Any thoughts?

see if this helps . . . rightt click anywhere on the desktop and select properties . . select Appearance . . then Effects . . deselect "show shadows under menue items . .

sailing2you

I tried your suggestion, however I don't get that option under the effects tab. What do you think is the best way to determine the problem?

you might try reloading the most current version of your video drivers

wrs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online