1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Textbooks for Tablets

Discussion in 'Phones & Handheld Devices' started by mcslimg, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mcslimg

mcslimg Thread Starter

Hey guys i go to college and i sure hate schlupping those books around everywhere. their heavy, expensive, and they sure suck. instead, i want to get a tablet so that i can download my books to my tablet. but i cant seem to find any online resources to download my books. most i can find is ebooks that stream live. so id have to have wifi in class or i couldnt access my textbook. Id like to figure out how the heck to take my books with me on the go.

Is there a better choice of tablet? are there textbook apps on the droid market?

2. valis

valis Moderator

You'd first have to find a place that will allow you to d/l the text book TO a tablet.....regardless, chances are very high you will have to pay for the digital version as well as the book format.

Have you talked to your school about the digital availability of the textbooks? That is where I would start......

3. valis

valis Moderator

also, I moved this to the appropriate forum.

thanks,

v

4. mcslimg

mcslimg Thread Starter

college doesnt offer much along those lines just yet. currently its private companies who are making the resources digital and downloadable. but i found my answer, coursesmart.com has android

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

CourseSmart offers electronic textbooks and an application in the Android Market and for the iPad. If you want to use the Android application, you need an Android tablet that supports the Android Market. Not all do. The Kindle Fire, for example, doesn't. Many of the cheap no-name tablets also don't allow access to the Android Market.

6. mcslimg

mcslimg Thread Starter

no i know how to order the appropriate tablet from here. just didnt know what apps or offers were out there. i know the whole digital book thing is new and not everyone has caught on but it seems like they have now. all aboard the paperless train

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036853