1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TFC by Old timer (Moved from Windows 8 forum)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by moeslock, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moeslock

moeslock Thread Starter

First Name:
    Moe
    I see references by helpers to run this program and would like to know if it is something I should have on my desktop should it be run as part of computer maintenance and if so, how often. Thank you.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It is a temp file cleaner. You can use it OR use something like Ccleaner [which is what I use]
    As for how often to run, that depends on how much you use the system AND how much time you spend online. Once a week should be fine however if you are online a LOT, run it more often.

3. moeslock

moeslock Thread Starter

First Name:
    Moe
    I was using Ccleaner but I read somewhere (don't remember where) that it could cause problems.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Only if you use the registry cleaner part. If you just use it to clean up junk files, there is no problem. Registry cleaners are NOT recommended here due to the problems they can cause.

5. moeslock

moeslock Thread Starter

First Name:
    Moe
    Well I ran Temp File Cleaner and what a shock, I have only had this computer a little over a month, bought it new and can't believe how much it cleaned.

TFC.jpg

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    1,004 MB of temp files is about normal if you haven't used TFC.exe in over a month.
    The number of temp files that accumulate are pretty much determined by how you use your computer.
    I serviced a computer last week that had accumulated over 17,000 MB worth.

--------------------------------------------------------------

7. moeslock

moeslock Thread Starter

First Name:
    Moe
    ok, Thanks

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1160436

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice