1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TFT Monitor refresh lines

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by v12mcs, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. v12mcs

v12mcs Thread Starter

my problem is i am getting a refreshing line flickers at top of monitor ie a white band flickers on and off on the top of the screen when i have anything open or just sat on the desk top can you tell me why this is doing it or do i have a dodgy graphics card or monitor. i hope you can help. Cheers

2. Flags

Flags

Do you have access to another monitor? If so, try it. If the same thing happens you can be pretty sure it's the card.
    Another thing, change the Refresh rate and see it that helps. Display Properties>Settings> Advanced.

3. v12mcs

v12mcs Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply i tried the refresh rate and the higher i go the more it flashes the line at the top but as soon as i go back to 60 hz (the original setting) it returns to normal and the bar appears at random times for random amouts of time?:confused:

4. Flags

Flags

Then try another monitor. If necessary, carry your PC in to a local shop after calling them about this. They would likely test your machine on a different monitor for free.
    We would.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697610

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice