TFT Monitor refresh lines

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

v12mcs

my problem is i am getting a refreshing line flickers at top of monitor ie a white band flickers on and off on the top of the screen when i have anything open or just sat on the desk top can you tell me why this is doing it or do i have a dodgy graphics card or monitor. i hope you can help. Cheers

Do you have access to another monitor? If so, try it. If the same thing happens you can be pretty sure it's the card.
Another thing, change the Refresh rate and see it that helps. Display Properties>Settings> Advanced.

v12mcs

Thanks for the reply i tried the refresh rate and the higher i go the more it flashes the line at the top but as soon as i go back to 60 hz (the original setting) it returns to normal and the bar appears at random times for random amouts of time?:confused:

Then try another monitor. If necessary, carry your PC in to a local shop after calling them about this. They would likely test your machine on a different monitor for free.
We would.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online