TFT Monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

laceycat

We want to change to a tft monitor and want to spend approx £300. Can anyone recommend a nice model and spec please? Our graphics card is a Radeon 9550 256MB AGP DVI-I VO if this matters.

laceycat

other than price and colour, what's the difference between these 2 tfts?

I have a dell 2005FPW...widescreen. There are some places you can get them re-conditioned. They are awesome monitors and 1650 x 1050 resolution. Great for spreadsheets, games, pictures and movies etc. Also Acer or something also has a widescreen available... probably a tad more $ but still nice to have.

Couriant

James
I wondering about the quality. Those LCDs were free with Dells before.

Viewsonic is the best out there, hence the higher price. Dell will have cheaper parts in theirs so...

But if you guys like yours then hey :)

"Those LCDs were free with Dells before"

not the 1905 or the 1704......the cheaper dell lcd's maybe!

Couriant

James
I searched for the 1905 and came up as Free with Dell... but the page was invalid, old link.

I got a free iPod mini for opening an account with Citibank, but that doesn't mean it sucks. :)

Couriant

James
I didn't say it sucks, I'm just wondering about the quality. Dell doesn't really go for quality.

What's an iPod got to do with it anyways? :)

Couriant

James
There was no case to rest :rolleyes: This is what I hate about the people on this forum. I wasn't proving anything. I was voicing my opinion and going by what I was briefly searching. I don't hate Dell. We use there machines in our school. The quality of the LCDs are a little poor, but I'm guessing it's because of the size. Outside of Dell, Viewsonic is the better quality that I have used. More sharper, especially on the 21" that I use.

When it comes with reviews, I check more than one source, including customer reviews.

Like I said, it's my opinion, wasn't forcing it on anyone. You seem to taken it to heart but that's your choice.
Oh and the Viewsonic also was 4 stars, if that's what you are baseing your facts from.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online