TFT problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gkapitso

Hello all, I am a new member here. :)
I have the following problem:

when I start my PC, the monitor (TFT, LG1750SQ), displays a bunch of vetical coloured bars instead of the normal start up sequence.
the only way to fix this, is to turn the computer off from the switch on the back (rebooting doesnt do anything to fix the problem), and usually on the second or third time the screen is working properly again.
I recently upgraded my pc, installing a new motherboard, 512mb RAM, and a DVD burner. However i got the screen about 10 days before the upgrade, and it had absolutely no problem then. Other than that the pc is working fine as does the screen, but i am wary of constantly having to go through that routine of switching off and on the pc every time i start it up in order for the monitor to function. One other thing, maybe unrelated maybe not, the system cannot go into standby, whenever i use it, when i restart the pc it just tries to start working for a few seconds with a blank monitor, and then it reboots and works fine- no problems with the monitor as well. ( I am using WinXP professional)

thanks for any help :eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online